|In 1994 the circulation of the new Cuban convertible peso is introduced in the country. It is equivalent to one American dollar, in order to facilitate transactions in foreign exchange with a monetary sign of our own.
They were issued by Banco Nacional de Cuba with the face values of 1, 3, 5, 10 50 an d 100 convertible pesos to be accepted by the commercial network of assets and services operating in foreign exchange.
- As the main vignette a partial view of monuments of heroes of our
independence and liberation wars.
- Different colours for each denomination.
- Denominations in letters, arabic numbers and Braille system.
- The series composed by two letters and two digits, and the number
integrated by six digits.
- The signature of the president of the Banco Nacional de Cuba.
- Year of printing: 1994.
- Text stating its monetary and exchange guarantee for freely
Size: 150 x 70 mm.
- Common design to all denominations.The vignette corresponding to the
national shield of the Republic of Cuba.
- Denomination in numbers.
- Text stating its unlimited legal tender.
To know the specific characteristics as well as the enlarged image of
each denomination makes click above the image.
Security items for all denominations:
- Water mark (Visible against the light José Martí's effigy).
- Security thread microprinted with the text “PATRIA O MUERTE
- Motive with perfect coincidence front/back (5 points star).
- Latent Image. The legend BNC can be read at a certain visual angle.
- Calcographic Microprinted (en relieve).
- Lithographic Microprinted luminiscent under ultraviolet light.